Summer Camp FAQ
- What is the daily / weekly schedule? Each summer camp is one week long (Monday - Friday, 5 camp-days total, except for the one shortened camp the week of July 4th, which is four days long).
For all available camps, campers can enroll in the morning session, the afternoon session, or for both sessions – the full day session. The morning session is from 9am to 12pm, and the afternoon session is from 1pm to 4pm. The full day session goes from 9am to 4pm with a one-hour lunchtime period from 12:00pm - 1:00pm.
For all sessions, students can be dropped off up to 15 minutes before the session begins and be picked up no later than 15 minutes after the session ends. Any drop-offs or pick-ups outside of this 15 minutes window will incur an extra charge of $1 per minute per student.
- Is there an extended day option? Yes, campers can stay for the Roboteers Club, from 4pm until 6:30pm, for $125 per week ($100 during the shortened week).
Once you have decided an afternoon sessions you will be taking, reserve your extended day option by looking for the ‘Add Extended Day’ checkbox on the product page of the camps you will be attending. If you check this checkbox and click the “Add to Cart” button it will add both the Camp and the Extended Day to your shopping cart. You can also purchase it later in a separate order if there are spaces available. Contact our staff for details about adding Extended Day camps separately.
- What should my child bring each day? Half-day campers can bring snacks, whereas full-day campers should bring snacks and a lunch too. You can also bring money so your child can buy snacks and drinks we have for sale (ranging from $1 to $3 per item). In consideration of the possibility that some children may have a nut/peanut allergy, please do not bring any food items that may contain nuts or peanuts.
- Will lunch be provided? We do not provide lunch. Please pack a lunch (that does not contain any nuts or peanuts) if your child is attending both the morning and afternoon camps. Water is available at no charge. Bottled water, other drinks and snacks are available with purchase.
- Will my child bring home the robots they build during camp? Our robots are built with camp partners using specialized kits, so your child will not be able to bring the robots home. However, most of our kits are available for purchase. Please check with us on pricing and availability for the specific item.
- Will my child bring home the game they created on the computer during camp? Sure! Students will be able to take home any games they create at the camp. Please bring a flash drive with at least 2GB of available space to the last day of camp if you wish to do so.
- My child has never built a robot or programmed a computer before. Is that OK? Yes. Rolling Robots prides itself in teaching children of all learning backgrounds the core concepts of STEM, robotics, and computer programming / coding. No prior experience is required except a few advanced camps for which we have listed recommended prerequisites. Check the specific camp’s product page for details. In addition, please use the age guidelines listed when enrolling your child so that he/she will have the best experience possible.
- My child is a very advanced, high-tech wizard. Will they be bored? Maybe for about 5 minutes when we are getting everyone started. Most of the kits we use are the same ones used at the high school level, and our game development software tools are the same as those used by professional developers. Our camps are designed to encourage open creativity and deep exploration, so once your child is engaged in the process they will be challenged to a degree appropriate to their level of skill and experience.
- What is the student-to-teacher ratio? We aim for 6 students per instructor.
- Do I pay the full amount up front? Yes, but you can add additional sessions or the extended-day option later as long as space is still available.
- What is your cancellation / refund policy? For camp cancellations requested up to 4 weeks before the start of the reserved camp, a store credit will be issued to your Rolling Robots’ account for any future purchase of other camps, workshops, birthday parties, and robot kits.
For camp cancellations requested later than 4 weeks before the start of the reserved camp, a store credit minus a $35 fee per camp will be issued to your Rolling Robots’ account for any future purchase of other camps, workshops, birthday parties, and robot kits.
For camp cancellations requested on or after the first day of your summer camp, no store credit will be issued.
To request a cancellation of your summer camp, you MUST email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is there a discount if I sign up for multiple sessions? Yes. After the first camp, each additional camp session booked in the same order will receive a $10 discount automatically (cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions).
- Is there a sibling/friend discount? Yes. After the first camp session, each additional sibling/family member registered in the same order can receive $10 discount automatically (cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions).
- How will I receive my store credit? The store credit is automatically credited to you after the order is completed.
- Is there a limit to how much store credit I can receive? No. The more camps you reserve in one order, the more credits you will receive.
- In the event of a store credit refund, when do I receive my store credit and how does it work? For all questions regarding store credit, please see our separate Store Credit FAQ page.